Are you planning on traveling abroad ? is it gonna be a leisure travel or a business trip? However, before you start thinking about making your travel bag, it’s strongly advisable to make sure that you have thought about all the essential things and formalities required every time you jet off. Find out through this post the 6 things to verify before you travel.
Read More: Best Destinations To Travel Alone in 2017
- Verify that your passport is valid 3 to 6 months after the expected return date.
- If you need to create a biometric passport, pay attention to deadlines (4 weeks minimum)! You can do this in any town hall, some have lower waiting times.
- Know if you need a Visa: The sooner you can get your visa, the better.
- Some visas can be obtained on arrival, the rates are sometimes more interesting once you get to your destination. Otherwise, pay attention deadlines which can vary from 1 to quit 4 weeks depending on the country in question.
- Your international vaccination booklet, to get from the immunization Institute or directly your doctor.
- For a trip in Europe: The European Health Insurance Card is required.
- Prescriptions that justify the treatments you carry in your carry-on luggage and that can help you in the event of loss or forgetfulness of a treatment.
- Your health book especially for young passengers.
- There are numerous factors that may affect your capacity to opt for a stellar and cozy room: Local holidays, cultural or sporting event and eventually business gatherings.
- If you wind up choosing whatever is available, you might find yourself not that comfortable and spend too much money for a place that does not necessarily deserve such a big amount.
It’s quasi-compulsory to have an international card (Eurocard / Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club) as well in the European Union as in the rest of the world.
- Check the expiry date of your card in case of a long journey.
- Increase the limit withdrawal and payment from your bank if the need arises.
- Last and not least in our list of the 6 things to verify before you travel is to Subscribe to the necessary insurances policies.
- For a stay in Europe, ask for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- For a stay in the rest of the world, it is necessary to subscribe the following insurance:
- Civil Liability Abroad
- Guarantee Modification / Travel’s Cancellation
- Health assistance/ Repatriation
- Theft/loss of your luggage and valuables